Friday, August 19, 2005

home for the next 4 months

I'm where I will call "Home" for the next four months. Or at least till I start talking about going back home, as in Singapore home. I wish I could show you pictures, but those will have to wait because I'm stuck without my camera.

So, i'm in transition...
Lets talk about the BIG picture, before we talk about the minute ones...
  • I'm in my senior year. It's my last year to study all I want to study undergrad-wise.
  • It's my last year in America. I have that much time to decide if I really love it or hate it.
  • It's my last year away from family. Once I'm back, i'll be with family all the time. I guess this is actually really excting for me!
  • And yes, It's my last year before I have to find a job and all.
While the big concepts cover everything, i'm also dealing with
  • Driving a car.. urgh... and trying to find time to send it for a check.
  • Get used to living off-campus. Which so far, is a blast... but has made me a little more lazy!
  • Living with Kathy, an all-American grandmother who is graduating with me!
  • Classses: this is a long one. I have challenging classes this year. Which is to say, as usual.. i will be working hard. Each class is like a mini transition, let me elaborate.
  • Senior Practicum. This means that hopefully, i'll be working 2 full days a week, doing real social work.
  • Faith and Civilization. This class is very "American" and big... and it's the Honors Fellow class. Intellectualism and critical thinking is neccessary. Heh, i need a huge mindset change for this one.
  • Community Social Work. This class is hands-on and well... just a blur right now.
  • Survey of French Literature. So far, this has been my most-feared class. But it seems alright, I have like 25 pages to read by tuesday though!
  • Research Methods. Otherwise conveniently named as the "Kiel-ler class" (prof's name is Mr Kiel). Sigh, but it'd be fine!
  • Being away from Singapore. I miss my boyfriend!!! yes... and I really miss being able to hang out with becks, hazel... miss mornings with cherie and seeing friendly faces around.
and that's that. But yes, this does mean that i should be back updating my blog more regularly as I have my internet back and all raring to go!

Pray for me yeah? that would be really nice...

No comments: