Thursday, January 13, 2005

mini revival

i have so many things that i want to say. I wish I were at home, i would probably share it in cell group, or even at BAY.

Lately, God has been bringing me, tthrough what I consider is a little spiritual revival. I want to share because I'm excited, I want to share so you all can keep me accountable, and I want to share to encourage you.

It started with repentance. As all true revivals must. To put my life in perspective was hard, because I had to jugde myself. I had to see how selfish I had become, how self-centered. I had to see how apathetic I felt towards somethings, and how I had let myself be deceived into believing things were fine. Most of all, I had to recognise my sins, (many plurals involved here) for what they were, choices I made in defiance of God. That's how base I am. I know I have this good and gracious God... and He is so forgiving and loving... and I took advantage of that, and I flouted all the rules, knowing He loves me and would forgive me. How evil am I to not understand that pain He must feel when I know, and intentionally hurt him, to do something which ultimately leads me to destruction? I don't know. But I know I made very bad choices... choices with friends, with giving, with family and with attitudes.

You guys may think i'm nuts. Saying all this. But it takes some confession in order to show God how sincere I am. I don't ever want to be that kind of girl who forgets her calling for her own dreams. But as I repented, and promised to remain committed to obeying God, my passion for people, change and ideas began to rise up again. I know this feeling. Something I haven't felt in a while, SIHFIAW? (Is that it?) .

So here they are, I am committed to: Spending time with God daily, in prayer, journalling, reading His word, and just being. Being still before God is very important this year. I am going to find some way to be actively involved in church, even if it's dishing out food, I will find something. I will pray for my girls back home... too many to name. I will try to keep Becky and Hozea accountable. I will keep track of my non-christian friends. I will communicate more with my family. I will minister to the girls on my wing by encouraging them and praying for them.

I will repent daily, and maybe have a mini spiritual revival everyday.

Do this for me. Ask me to pray for you. The other day, someone sent me an email asking for prayer... I prayed on the spot... but later that day, I was so burdened to keep praying about it. And I still am. I can't guarantee that I will be burdened for every prayer, but I guarantee God will. I really... i love my youth back home alot... and I can't do much but email, chat and pray.

Long blog? Last thing for now. This is a message that was given on Wednesday Chapel. Be inspired to find your destiny through these guidelines:
M: Make godly plans on purpose. Prov 19:21
A: Ask directions. Trust the Word of God as your map. Prov 3:4-5
P: Pace yourself. Don't burn out. Numbers 20
Q: Quit being pig-headed. Luke 15: 11ff
U: Undo your mistakes. Mark 11:22-25
E: Experience life.
S: Stop listening to bad advice. 1 Cor 15:33
T: Take time to fall in love with Love. 1 Cor 13
(MAPQUEST is the name of a popular search engine that Americans use to find the way to their destination)

Don't be afraid to repent, and fix what went wrong. Don't be afraid to judge yourself now, because it's better you see yourself, then wait till you face God on the throne and have nothing to say. Enjoy a mini revival, find the route to your destination in Christ. Do something.
please.

No comments: