Monday, September 26, 2005

happy birthday to geri


I missed geri's birthday.

Lots of friends hit the 21 before me, and they all celebrate it in different ways. I got a chance to be with lisha and the girls on her birthday, but missed kel's... and qiu's... and well... will miss val's... but probably not chu hua's!

But anyway.. Who is geri? who are all these people?

I have to admit that I was never that close to my cedar friends. I envy those people who had the time of their lives in secondary school... to say the least, I barely hung out with my friends... i just studied in class with them. Yet this bunch of 7 girls (Alicia, Geraldine, Chu Hua, Qiuling, Junwan, Kelly and I (kinda)) have managed to find a way to stay in touch, to stay connected.

So anyway, today's birthday girl is the beautiful Geri. (that's the only picture I have of her! but i think she still looks cute!) Geri is special because she's got a serious yet super fun-loving streak inside her. I think she reminds me of a pixieish nymph... whimsical, loves to dream... lithe and passionate. But not frail... nope. Geri is really strong on the inside, and that drive and that resilience helps her to stand tall when the odds are against her. She really loves photography too.. =) Well, as a tribute to my friend, I can only say that she's really precious to me!

Anyway. There will be one year that i'll be able to make it for all our birthdays.
I want to say a little about my Cedar friends while i'm at it.
I love my Cedar girls... we make a heck of alot of noise... and while at times, i may feel very left out, being the only like... "foreign" one around... they make room in their lives and their hearts for me! The one thing about being with them that i can't find anywhere else? The boy-screen. Haha... We drag each other boyfriends to hang out with us for a chance to get to know them. I love that because no matter what, they'll be honest... but supportive... and best of all, it's a way of saying, "I accept you as my friend still, even if your priorities and life has changed". Now surely... how many friends would be willing to do that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Personal, work-related blogs fraught with promise, peril
Terrence Ryan knew Scott McNulty in passing at the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School, where they both work.
Hi, I was just checking out blogs and surfing through some and found you! I like your blog. I will book mark it and come back soon. If you are interested, go see my horse jewelry related site. It isnt anything special but you may still find something of interest.horse jewelry