Saturday, October 23, 2004

because so many of you have asked "how?" and my answer can only be "God"!

walk through this with me.

Wednesday 18/10/04:
  • I'm in chapel, and all of a sudden I want to speak, sing chinese. So i start trying to sing chinese words to the english songs. The easiest to sing to was "i have decided to follow Jesus"... dunno why.
  • Really felt like I missed home so much on wed... it was the most trying day for me... and I was tired, burnt out and barely clinging on.
  • Eileen calls about hmmm... 8 plus? and tells me about the tickets. and things turn around from there... we decide that it's either we both go back or we both stay. No one wants to be in US alone during christmas.
  • Pros of goin home are evaluated: family! (in singapore), friends, birthday, christmas, new year, shopping, senior practicum interviews.
  • I blog (the chinese song?), and start to pray that God will show...

Thursday 19/10/04
  • Lorien replies my msg saying that I dont have to worry about coming back early because of APA responsibilities.
  • My graphics design teacher and social work professor agree to cooperate with me, so i can take my exams and come home.
  • Eileen's mum and dad kinda say "ok"
  • Eileen decides that she really possibly really wants to do this
  • I get a $10 rebate check in the mail... (its severely delayed and i didn't expect mail), more importantly i told God that " if id Your will for me to go home, someone has to give me money today".
  • We decide that if the prices remain the same for friday, then we'll buy the tickets.

Fri 20/10/04
  • My other two subjects are confirmed take-home finals.
  • Eileen and I find tickets. 1027 and 1069 on priceline. They were bought.
  • My mum is genuinely excited.

that's was my 3 day ticket buying experience. I think God is so good because.... because eileen and I were so positive about staying here.... but somehow something happened and He blessed our trip home. Money is still an issue, but hey... if God can do anything, He can definately take care of money.

I wanna testify!

God LOVES. He blesses, He proves, He speaks, He directs, He provides, He softens, He fills and He releases.

How can I have a God of abundance and everything so wonderful... and still feel at times that my situation is "impossible". Nothing is impossible, except the bad things. I dont think God can be bad, even if He tried...

No comments: