Saturday, November 06, 2004

God answers

this morning, I got up, and told God... that I was tired of sleepy quiet times when i don't get anything because i'm not able to open my eyes long enough to read. I wanted the word... and i wanted it to mean something. and well =) here is Isaiah 28:23-29, in my understanding.

The passage talks of how a farmer does not keep preparing to sow all the time, because he knows when the ground is ready to take the seeds. It then talks about how he will not use the wrong tool for the wrong job, or keep threshing the grain when it is ready to be ground. The farmer has such wisdom, because he learnt it from our Father.

In the same way. God knows each of us. He created us, and knows what we were intended for, when we are ready to face the challenges, and when we are done with that refining moment. Yes, with God it's a repeated process, but just as the farmer knew just how much beating and threshing the grain could bear, God, in His wisdom and love, knows how much we can take.

That spoke to me, cos i'm at the end of my rope. Facing bigger things than I thought possible... and it's not just schoolwork and grades, dont write me off as that shallow, please. It's about family, friends, future... what I do here, what I do EVERYDAY impacts my eternity. And while i cant be threshed everyday, it certainly feels like i'm being threshed now. =) But God knows, and He knows how much I can take, and He knows the right time for everything.

So.
Becky =) it's ok if we cant spend as much time as we wanted... God knows where we are supposed to be at that time, you out there, me back home.
Hazel, jia you... the challenges you face, in family and in school... and in church is what God knows you can handle.
Abby, there's a point where maybe you feel like you are ready... and maybe God knows when the time is perfect...
Cherie, triple science or not... you're God's tool in all ways and He'll know where to place you.
and you. I have faith that God doesn't put two tools like the plough with the yoke if they weren't meant to work together at the right time... so i'm praying...


No comments: