Tuesday, August 10, 2004

my home is not cold

Kevin wrote a song (and Jeff added a word) partially for me... =) it's an amazing song... and it's sweet and really mellow.. and well... i love it... though it makes me wanna go home so bad...

You sent me here to Oklahoma
Though I'd rather not be here
All my friends are far away now
And when I think of home I shed some tears

I left my heart back overseas
Where I can feel the warm breeze
And it never gets colder than 28 degress
So though it seems I fit right in
I want to go back home again
Where I won't be cold and I'm not alone

All I seem to do is study
And there's rarely time for fun
Maybe I want some distraction
So I won't think about the home I love

There are times I yearn for just one kindred soul
So that we can talk about our dear loved home


there.... isn't that nice? I cant express to you how much I feel... I know that I didn't tell Kevin exactly how true it is... and how when I sing the chorus i wanna cry... and cry... and be back home.

So who is Kevin? He's a college student in my church and Jeff is one too! I met them over this summer when I was back and we've hung out some and they have both been such a blessing to me. They helped me move into my dorm, take me to go read books, play games and eat and just... I will miss them. They are both studying elsewhere and so... I might never get to see them much again. (hopefully not staying next summer...)

Kevin is the guitar maestro (talented musician with the violin and piano and what not too) and smart... and is going to medical school. He loves to read, and has lent me alot of books too... but he's great at writing songs.. and he helped me study for my finals too. Jeff is really sweet and strong!! haha.. he's funny and makes me laugh so much. I think I really appreciate Jeff's sweetness cos when he talks about his girlfriend, he's got this look in his eyes. I know the girls will appreciate the sweet sentiment of knowing a guy who can love his girlfriend. =) (Kevin does not do this cos he has no girlfriend!) And he's sweet... asking how I am, how my guitar is (which is fixed by the way) and showing me journals I will like... and stuff like that. thoughtful. Best thing is that they are good fellowship for me, I feel like i'm back with you guys when I'm with them... or at least back with my guy buddies... making them play songs for me, making them decide what to do =) benben (are you even reading this?).. you know what i'm talking about?

Of course. they are going to start school soon. and that'll be it! sigh. I am going to miss them.

and I miss you back home. Especially... well, you know who you are. =) there are too many to write...

I have been so busy with orientation and all.. have so much stuff i want to share with all of you, but no time.

I think it is really strange how you'd think with everything going on in this place for me, that i'll have no time to think about home. But every day I do.. everything about me makes me think of people back home... and well... specifically you guys. =)

*big long hug that doesn't end to soon because i feel like I really need to be within the arms of a close heart who will comfort me and love me back and just give me some encouragement*
=) but Praise God! because I will bless Him when I'm tired and when I'm not. Rejoice in the Lord always! =) keep your hopes up... in Him =)

1 comment:

t i m o said...

"Begin The Day With God;
Kneel down to Him in prayer;
Lift up thy heart to His abode.
And seek His love to share.

Open the Book Of God,
And read a portion there;
That it may hallow all thy thoughts,
And sweeten all thy care.

Go Through The Day With God,
Whatever thy work may be;
Wherever thou art-at home, abroad,
He stills is near to thee.

Converse In Mind With God,
Thy spirit heavenward raise:
Acknowledge every good bestowed,
And offer grateful praise.

Conclude the Day With God,
Thy sins to Him confess;
Trust in the Lord’s atoning blood,
And plead His righteousness.

Lie Down At Night With God,
Who gives His servants sleep;
And when thou tread’st the vale of death,
He will thee guard and keep."