Friday, August 20, 2004

time for thinking

I just read "I kissed dating goodbye". I know many of you will balk and think that it's ridiculous, especially since you are going to have parents and others tell you its a good book. Unfortunately, I am probably included in that. I cannot say I agree with everything that Joshua Harris says, but I want to say that it's a good book to read to start you thinking about your own life critically. Being able to weigh where you are at... and if you are convinced, then change. So... I strongly recommend this book. A decision I think I'm making is to up my standard in terms of relationships. I always thought I was pretty good, but I feel I can be even better in this area.

I just watched "The day after tommorrow". I learnt in Bio class this summer that most of the water wont come from the melting of the ice caps, but rather the expansion of the sea water. But the important thing that I took from this movie is that our death can come anytime. So we have to, got to live out what we have with confidence, passion and intention. No point messing around with things that are not important... because... when we face that big wave that will wipe us out... (if that happens), how we look wont matter, what we had sitting in our closet wont either, and ... well a ton of other stuff. We can live out our portion to the fullest and be prepared to go to heaven! =)

okie. goodnight people back home!

No comments: