Wednesday, August 25, 2004

the trip to Marshall Elementary

Today was my interview at Marshall Elementary, to get there, I took a Tulsa Public Bus. And honestly, the experience was not too bad. But imagine this. I have an interview, but it's 32 degrees outside. I am wearing a pink sleeveless blouse, brown tailored pants and heels! Tottered my way across campus and to the bus stop, waited a long time and all... haha. Writing it out doesn't sound as hilarious as I felt.. I was so amused at myself... oh well... the most interesting thing is next.

Once I got on the bus, I felt like I was transported onto a movie set. The typical jolly African American bus driver, with his regulars sitting close by laughing and joking. A couple of scattered old ladies in the middle, and at the back, slouching guys under caps... perhaps somewhat tramp-looking. It was afternoon though... so I was not too scared.... But more than that.. the bus driver's name is Solomon! How movie-ish is that? and and.... He's writing a book... about a jazz musican in chicago... and the characters names are Dante and Reality. How do I know this? He had his first two chapters written in his briefcase and let his regulars take a look. The lady who was reading it out was straight out of a movie too! Beautiful voice, tattered jeans, super bright blouse on....

and... when all this was happening.. I was thinking... GOSH! I should write about this! What are the odds of actually meeting a novel-writing bus driver with a flirty, kinda boisterious female friend (who really though had another guy sitting next to her, looked like she was really close to him too) and getting the novel read in the bus! But I fail when it comes to words...

But I betcha Becky would have appreciated it! I think she would have drank in the whole moment, the jerky bus, the loud laughter, the innuedos... All I thought of was "She wore a blouse, it was attention grabbing, but in an unattractive way". Talk about bad literary skills... and I took literature for As! eeps... And I missed Becky lots! I figure that the one person who could appreciate me stepping out and having an adventure and still have fun with me on it without pointing out the various hazards, or telling me i'm making too big of a deal of it and still understanding how I feel about it is her! right Becks? Better agree with me!!!

Gosh. Best friends do alot of things. I miss having my best friend... my close friends... But! =) I have God, new friends... a new-found church and lots and lots and lots of classes!

Oh. I miss my parents too. I called them a couple of days ago and my whole family was too busy to talk to me. I haven't heard from them really in like 3 months. I miss them....

Argh. I shall go sing my song to make me feel better, and remind me of the blessings.. plentiful they are that I have! for example, having friends that can write nice songs, and chatting to Benben online! Oh! and reading books.... other than textbooks, been squeezing in a little fun reading too! yay!

and now i'm all happy! i love God... and I am grateful for what I have in Him!


1 comment:

t i m o said...

life seems so fun for ya~ =) miss ya