Sunday, July 13, 2008

Missing....

I am missing you. (ok, I don't know who is reading this, but if you know me, then i am definately missing you!)

Today is Sunday, and unlike sundays at home, this day is simply less hectic in the morning as ser/vice is in the afternoon... after lunch. And it's only an hour long. I haven't been to ch/urch for a long time... since the first week I was in LN. I almost cried at hearing others pr/ay so sincerely. Huili led wor/ship for the first time... she's so devoted and faithful. I was struck by her pr/ayers.

But. I miss... I miss...
  • the koin/nonia and the family in it's entire-ity (is there such a word?).
  • the cute kids running around that can say hello, and those that can't...
  • the aunties and uncles who wish you well and always ask how my parents are
  • the wor/ship with words I can understand and tunes I know
  • the commun/ion and the remembering
  • the offering, the ser/mon the announcements
  • the friends, sisters and brothers who say good morning
  • my class and the wonderful questions they have
  • the lunch afterward catching up
  • the knowledge that we'll see each other next week
  • the familiarity of being known
  • the leaders and the spur-of-the-moment publicities
  • the china team-ers and the meetings on 4th floor

argh. But am grateful for a chance to open my eyes and see sunday in LN... i'm grateful for this fell/ow/ship because it's SO MUCH better than having nothing... and it is very meaningful. I am grateful I can understand a very large part of it... more than UYF. Heh. So.. yes. I am grateful still. I am content still.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Ai,

I'm glad to hear you got to Lian Nan fine... I am praying for you. And I really miss you dear. Please come back soon... :) Take care there...

abel said...

hey hey!

Do take care of urself and drink more happy yoghurt! =)

cheryl :) said...

Missed you at service and Bay too, there are just random events that pop up that make me think of you - like when we all wore our "China skirts" too church today! (Yes, we managed to make Loois wear it) And the talk on Phil that we attended spoke of us using our lives to magnify G-d no matter what circumstance we're in - and I thought that's exactly what you're doing. So.. Jia you!
"Good morning, good morning, nice to see your smiling face!!"

Unknown said...

Dearie,

I have a exciting plan... :)We had skirt fest on Sun...Our efforts to make Lois wear her pretty skirt. So the china team girls all came in our skirts... Twas' a sight to see so many girls wearing skirts.. Raylia came in hers too... And Lois made carmen and Jess wear skirts with her too. So its was so much fun... So we will do another skirt fest when you come back from China cos my dear you bought the most skirts out of all of us... Our china skirts were really well received... Lots of nice comments... :) So shall we? Can't wait till you return.... Big bear hugs... Miss you! :)