Saturday, July 03, 2004

had a wonderful saturday

I had a great saturday.. hanging out with Ronald and Elaine. We went to the mall, did a bit of shopping (i got earrings and a cardigan) and ate ice-cream (strawberries in cheesecake). Then headed to the chinese supermarket to buy stuff for the steamboat... and then home to prepare the steamboat! =) and then we ate and ate... =) haha.. and just ate somemore. I'm really really full =P but it was just great being able to be with people and eat healthier... unpackaged food (yes, still living off can soups here!) =) in short, it was a great time.

I miss back home... and the friendships aren't the same. Despite the fact that i'm in a christian uni, it's so hard to find somebody like me!! haha.. really maybe.. i am just an oddity. Koose (Indonesian guy) and Ronald think i'm a little girl.. fine. They both think my values are a bit warped too. I'm not talking about anyone else here, but I personally cant imagine wearing a bikini out. Haha.. to me... it's ugh.. but i was telling Elaine.. and basically Ronald thinks i'm too "princess" (as in... play with the golden ball and run around in the king's garden type) to be matured, and Koose thinks that i'm being too asian. that's a bad example though.. it just kept happening throughout the day though... like... teasing me about beer, hot guys and girls, and stuff. bleah.... i'm trying to celebrate who I am!!! anyone out there celebrating with me?

I think i'm glad i'm keeping my high principles. I read this John Maxwell book, and you can change your behavior, but principles are things you really live by. And so i'm not saying that my principles are better, but they are stricter... and i think i'd like them to stay that way... even if it means heated debates. Because I believe very strongly that we can all make higher and tougher desicions... and i was brought up with those decisions already being made. =) and it's too late to change them now, because i think kinda like them... i think they've kept me doing ok so far... i acutally think they've protected me, and let me... =).. be just me. yes... my principle are me, and they make me too... i'll figure it out someday.

for now, =) i'm thankful that though i'm 20... i'm not bowing down to pressure to be what people's idea of 20 year olds are. I'm me... thank You God for enjoying and loving me the way I am... yeah!!! I am happy =)

No comments: