Saturday, July 10, 2004

mmmm... real food.

today, after a dissapointed morning walk down the creek to observe absolutely nothing stunningly scientific (yes, i was hoping to see, snakes, frogs, turtles, fishes, insect even) and finding nada... I got to go for lunch. So Edward (malaysian guy) drove me and Elaine to meet up with Ah Fook and Ika (indonesians) in a town 1hr 15 mins JUST to eat real malaysian food. =) And though it was nowhere close to as real as home... it was good enough to make me happy. We had ngor hiang... sigh.. =) I miss my grandma so much... And then... back to Ah Fook's apartment.. where he has *deep breath guys... especially my buddies* his own pool table... and 4 pool cues (why anyone would need that many is beyond me). Haha.. so me and Elaine gotta play... Hozea, Ben and Kenny... all those times teaching me did not go to waste!!! haha... Ah Fook said I wasn't bad... and i won... haha... after a rather long game lah... but aiyah!! =) haha.. it brought back good memories of being there with you guys, and clarabelle... I miss her! And Hozea.. remember the pool place in China??? haha... with the girls who set the balls for us? And top it all off, Ika (she's Ah fook's gf) made cream puffs... which were awesome. Hahah.. It was a wonderful day which ended in watching Mean Girls at the dollar movie. Haha.. yes, it's a teenybopper show, yes, i dont like lindsey lohan... but... it was an enlightening one. I guess in Singapore, i've never had that probable, of the "really cool girls" vs all the various groups they've had... no specific table arrangement, nothing really that bad... and so for that... i hate to say this... but I think... I think there are good things about the Singaporean education system, and about single-sex secondary schools... =) and one of them has got to be uniforms. ask me about it sometime, I shant bore you guys with my opinions. =)

so a great day with friends, food and fun... God is so good... because.... because saturdays used to be my loneliest days... waking up early for brunch in school... coming back when everyone else left for their lunch ans then their fun... and sleeping before everybody else got back... =) Thank God that I have Elaine.

No comments: