Saturday, July 17, 2004

Verses and prayers for friends

For my friend suffering as an earthly child: 1 John 3:1 (NKJV) [brackets added]
 
"Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed upon us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him... And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself [or herself], just as He is pure"
 
Accept love, release the hurt, pain, bitterness, resentment, sorrow... and take heart! My dearest buttercup =) we are more than earthly children, we are daughters of God Himself... and yes, some are unable to see that. But we can help them to, and we can stand firm and abide in just His love. I am praying for you. Keep close, Stand firm, Take heart... even if it means being distant, weak and submissive. I have faith in God, and in you.
 
For my friend who is struggling: Psalm 91:14-16 (NKJV)


God says
"Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known My name; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him, And show him my salvation"
 
What a powerful promise to behold! God will honor a heart that belongs all to Him. 
 
For a friend who is there for me: Proverbs 27:17 (NKJV)

"As iron sharpens iron, So a man [or woman] sharpens the countenance of his [her] friend"
 
Thank you for the friction, Thank You God for putting us together.
 
For my friend who longs to be satisfied: Psalm 63:5 (NKJV)

"My soul shall be satisifed as with marrow and fatness, And my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips"

I'm sure my friend, that you will appreciate the humour here! I pray you find companionship, fufillment, and contentment with yourself, your world and your life. God is wonderful, and He does know all your needs!
 
For, my friends who are special to me: Palm 118:1 (NKJV)

"Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever."  

=) And let us all keep our eyes on our Maker, and praise Him. What a glorious God... what a wonderful Saviour!


No comments: