Saturday, September 11, 2004

God giveth and He taketh away, blessed be the name of
the Lord.

Something Becky brought up made me wanna scribble for a bit.

People make their entrances in my life. I have so much to thank for those entrances... friends here at tulsa... I guess I could name them of on my fingers... close ones at least. He brought Eileen, Yiling, Elaine, Jennifer, Chris and Mason, Amanda, Johanna, Julie, Nancy and Adam. That's probably the people who are close to me here.. and when I say close... it's relative. Like... they know my name, where I come from, what I study =) and then they generally know how i'm doing. But really deep stuff.... like understanding me... i haven't found one yet.

And people make their exit. And I am left feeling slightly abandoned, slightly destitute because that little part of me... where our lives have fused and intertwined will not grow anymore. It's not lost, but it wont grow either. And i love them... and so that makes me sad.


And I made my exit. Leaving Singapore didn't mean I lost my best friends, but it meant that keeping in touch was harder. I don't love them any less, and I don't think they love me any less... but its just so much harder to show and receive the love we have.

But God giveth and He taketh away... and I can't control what He decides to give or take away, I can only be ready to receive and ready to release.

No comments: