Friday, September 10, 2004

something radical

think about this. Be pure... not just for God, yourself, your future spouse... but also for others. It may seem harmless to like someone else and express it through flirting, paying them more attention, writing notes and expressing it. But if you do that... and you begin to lead someone on when you are not ready to be comitted, you are destroying the purity of that person.

Is that important? Well, when I finally get attached, in the distant future, I think I would want to know that my boyfriend has been pure. If he has had other girlfriends, and done other things... I would understand... but I wouldn't be delighted with it. More than that, I would not really be very well-disposed to the girls he was with because they both played around. Make sense? So I can't do anything about the people who I dont know yet in my future, but I can do something now.

I can love my guy friends in a good way. Even if I like them. I can love them enough to help them protect their purity for their future wife, since I'm not that girl. Hopefully, some girl out there will make the same loving choice and my future husband will have benifitted because of that. Guys... same thing. You can love the girls around you and help them to stay pure.

Is this random? I dunno.... Julie brought it up the other night, and I just felt it was important to share... I want to be selfless and love others....

No comments: